Enhancing the interaction and interface between civil society and the state to improve poor peoples lives (ENCISS), a project of CARE international in Sierra Leone invites applications from qualified and interested members of staff and the public to fill the under mentioned vacant position .
The purpose of the ENCISS programme is the increased capacity of representative civil society to participate in, influence, contribute to and monitor the poverty reduction strategy and local Government policy, planning and implementation, and strengthen capacity of the Government of Sierra Leone to engage in constructive dialogue with civil society within these policy frameworks. The focus of ENCISS will be improving the interface between state and non-state actors.
POSITION: Human Resources and Administrative Manager
SALARY RANGE: Attractive
REPORTS TO: Director of Corporate Services
The Human Resources and Administrative Manager (HRAM) is charged with the overall responsibility for the planning, implementation and supervision of the ENCISS projects administration specifically human resources management, staff development, general services, property and assets management, procurement (Local and international), overseeing project fleet, and provide logistic and necessary support, guidance and instruction and monitoring of work to ensure CARE ‘s human resources, administrative, procurement, inventory and vehicle policies and procedures are adhered to all time. The Human Resources and Administrative manager is a key member of the team and therefore she is expected to participate in various policy and related management decision-making exercises.
· Human Resources Management
· Fundamental effective and efficient administrative support
· Procurement (local and international)
· Fleet and workshop management
· Property (Asset) inventory management
· Serve as security Focal point person
· Perform other duties assigned/requested that are related to the job.
QUALIFICAIONS AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
· An accredited international Higher Diploma or its equivalent in Human Resources management and Administration with relevant work experience is required;
· A Degree in Business Administration and /or management is desired;
· Equivalent qualifications from accredited institutions like CIPD,SHRM and ICSA would be an additional asses;
· Minimum of three years of progressive related experience (preferably in a supervisory role) within a NGO environment and/or with an international Organization is required;
· Strong familiarity and interpretation of human resources management procedures, administration, inventory, procurement control system;
· Possession of the ability to adapt and enhance new systems appropriate to ENCISS operations;
· Excellent communication, motivational, interpersonal and coaching skills;
· Possesses the ability to work on own and to complete tasks and high quality output;
· Demonstrated use to positive coping strategies in stressful environment;
· Sound judgment, integrity, loyalty, discretion and objectivity required, as well as the ability to manage multiple complex situations;
· Fluency in spoken and written English;
· Advanced computer skills in Microsoft office, outlook, and the internet.
This position will be based in Freetown. The incumbent may be required to travel to other ENCISS operational districts as necessary and sometimes at short notice. The nature of an NGO job dictates irregular working hours including after hours, weekends and holidays.
Application letter with recent detailed curriculum vitae including the full name, address, active telephone number and email address of two (2) referees should reach the following people not later than 4.00pm on Wednesday, 22 April 2009:
· The Human Resources and Admin. Manager, ENCISS Office,1 Old Railway Line, Brookfields, Freetown.
· The Acting Human Resources manager, CARE Office, 35& 35A Wilkinson Road Freetown
· ENCISS Makeni Office,18 Barracks Road Makeni
· The sub office manger, CARE Office Aolini Highway, Makeni
· The sub- Office manager CARE Office,7 Tarawally Drive Yogomaya Kabala
· ENCISS Bonthe District Office,56 Palm Street Bonthe Island, Bonthe District
· ENCISS Mattru Office Missim Road Mattru Jong, Bonthe District
· ENCISS Waterloo Office 49 Liddell Street, Waterloo Or by email to: email@example.com