See below to read Sections 17, 19, 20 and 21.
Following are pertinent extracts from
ELECTORAL LAWS ACT, 2002
of the Republic of Sierra Leone
PART I - PRELIMINARY
1. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires - "Elector" means any person whose name is on any Register of Electors prepared in accordance with this Act;
PART II - REGISTRATION OF VOTERS BY WARDS
3. (1) No person shall be registered as an elector for more than one ward or more than once in any ward.
PART III - PROCEDURES FOR REGISTRATION OF ELECTORS
Exhibition of Provisional List of Electors!
17. Within Forty(40) days after the expiry of the date fixed under Section 12 of the registration of electors, the Electoral Commission shall compile a Provisional List of all electors registered for each ward and shall, by Government Notice in Form D in the Second Schedule, specify the places within that ward where a copy of the provisional list shall be exhibited by the Electoral Commission for the review of the public
Procedure as to Omissions and Objections
19. (1) Any person whose name has been omitted from any copy of the provisional list of electors or part thereof, prepared and exhibited under section 17, and who claims to have his name inserted therein shall, during the period of exhibition of the copy or part thereof, apply or present himself to the Electoral Commission to have his name inserted in such copy, in Form E in the Second Schedule.
19. (2) Any person whose name appears in any copy of the provisional list or part thereof may object to any other person whose name also appears therein as not being entitled to be registered as an elector, and shall, during the period of the exhibition of the copy or part thereof under section 17, give notice of his objection to the person objected to, in Form G of the Second Schedule, giving reasons for his objection.
19. (3) Within five days of the expiry of the exhibition referred to in subsection (1) and (2), the Electoral Commission shall cause to be prepared and exhibited, in a place where a copy of the provisional list or part thereof has been exhibited under Section 17, a statement of all claims and objections in respect of such copy or part thereof, giving the names of the persons who have made the claims or the objections.
19. (4) Any person who knowingly causes his name to be included in any copy of a provisional list while not entitled to be registered and any Registration Officer who knowingly includes the name of any person while that person is not entitled to be registered commits an offence and shall be liable, on summary conviction, to a fine of five hundred thousand leones or to imprisonment for a term of two years or to both such fine and imprisonment.
20. (1) A public inquiry shall be held for each ward by Revising Officer for that ward for the purpose of revising the provisional list for the ward.
21. (1) Upon the production at an inquiry by the Registration Officer of the provisional lists for the ward and statement of claims and objections relating thereto, the Revising Officer shall go through the lists and shall insert in any list the name of every person who is proved to his satisfaction to be entitled to have his name inserted therein and shall strike out of such list the name of every person who, upon the application of an objector or of the Registration Officer, is proved to the satisfaction of the Revising Officer not to be entitled to have his name retained therein or to be dead.