Office of the President of Sierra Leone
Position - Secretary
The Sierra Leone Conference on Development and Transformation (SLCDT), was launched by His Excellency, President Ernest Bai Koroma, in September 2011 when he convened and chaired the first Steering Committee meeting. The Conference was charged to rethink the country’s development strategy with a view to recommending transformative proposals designed to elevate Sierra Leone to middle income status in 25 years and become a donor country in 50.
After extensive consultations and studies, the Conference took place at the end of January and adopted a Declaration containing actionable recommendations for the country. Among the recommendations was the setting up of a Citizens Committee to continue the work of the Conference and in particular monitor progress towards the goals adopted by the Conference.The Citizens Committee will be serviced by a secretariat and applications are being sought for the position of a secretary who will be the head of the secretariat.
Functions: The Secretary (Head) of the secretariat will organise and manage the activities of the Citizens Committee through planning of, and reporting on, the measures underway to achieve the goals of the Sierra Leone Conference on Development and Transformation.
The secretary of the secretariat report to Citizens Committee through the Chief of Staff, State House
· Prepare and present the biennial report of the implementation of the recommendations of SLCDT to the Citizens Committee and for wider distribution to the public.
· Organize a biennial conference to report on progress in consultation with the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development and other relevant stakeholders.
· Prepare annual budget; scheduling expenditures; allocating resources; and reviewing progress within the secretariat.
· Provide up-to-date information to the public on developments affecting the achievement of the conference’s objectives as described in the Road Map, through all forms of mass communication.
· Maintain a website that will also be a forum for exchanges of ideas on the country’s transformation; and
Qualifications and Experience: The candidate should hold a post-graduate degree in the Social Sciences and should possess extensive experience (at least 10 years) in the running of public institutions or National Program and interacting with public and private sectors as well as non-state actors. Experience in drafting budgets and mobilizing resources.
Other Requirements: Candidates should provide evidence of complex assignments accomplished with distinction, in the public or private domain.
The candidate, should be a determined team leader and a demonstrated Strategic Evaluator of programmes
Mode of application:
Please send an email to email@example.com Attach your resume and cover letter, and state as the subject Secretary, Citizen Committee
This position is open to all qualified candidates but preference will be given to Sierra Leone nationals at home and in the Diaspora.
Alternatively you can send in writing your CV and cover letter to:
The Director of Operations
Office of the Chief of Staff
Office of the President
Deadline for applications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 8th June, 2012.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
© Copyright by Awareness Times
Newspaper in Freetown, Sierra Leone.