POLITICAL PARTIES REGISTRATION COMMISSION
OAU Drive, Tower Hill, Freetown, Sierra Leone
Email: email@example.com Website: www.pprcsierraleone.org
PPRC NEWSBRIEF 13th August 2012
The Political Parties Registration Commission (PPRC) and representatives of all ten registered Political Parties on Monday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) ahead of a five days Study Tour to Ghana. The United Nations Integrated Peacebuilding Office in Sierra Leone (UNIPSIL) will also be part of the Study Tour Team as they are supporting the exercise.
Briefing Party Representatives on Monday, the Registrar of PPRC, Abraham John informed the meeting that the tour will provide an opportunity for party representatives to have first hand information on how Political Parties Operates in Ghana.
The Memorandum of Understanding contains the following:
· The PPRC should facilitate, coordinate and fund the travelling and living expenses of the Study Tour Team.
· The Study Tour Team will entirely take part in the study tour process during the stipulated time frame period effective Tuesday 14th August to Sunday 19th August 2012.
· The Study Tour Team shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Study tour process and the visiting country where the study tour is held.
· The PPRC has secured reservations at a suitable hotel and will provide DSA to the Study Tour Team before departure: the Study Tour Team is expected to pay their hotel bills from the DSAs they are provided.
· At the completion of the Study Tour process, the Study Tour Team shall return to Sierra Leone immediately on Sunday 19th August 2012.
· The Study Tour Team should present a report on the Study Tour process to the PPRC not later than one week upon arrival in Sierra Leone.
The Study Tour Team will include two commissioners and a senior management staff of the PPRC, UNIPSIL, representatives from the All Peoples Congress (APC), Citizens Democratic Party (CDP), National Democratic Alliance (NDA), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Peace and Liberation Party (PLP), Peoples Movement for Democratic Change (PMDC), Revolutionary United Front Party (RUFP), Sierra Leone Peoples Party (SLPP), United Democratic Movement (UDM), and United National Peoples Party (UNPP).
© Copyright by Awareness Times
Newspaper in Freetown, Sierra Leone.