The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) wishes to inform the general public that following the conviction of the Mayor of the Freetown City Council and five others on corruption charges, the trial judge, Hon Justice John Bosco Katutsi, has today 15th August, 2012 handed down his sentence on the six convicted persons at the High Court in Freetown.
The convicted officials were sentenced as follows;
1. Herbert Akieremi George-Williams, Mayor, Freetown City Council: Sentenced to a fine of Le.170 Million Leones
2. Bowenson Fredrick Philips, Chief Administrator: Sentenced to a fine of Le. 120 Million Leones
3. Sylvester Momoh Konnehi, Acting City Treasurer: Sentenced to a fine of Le. 120 Million Leones
4. Franklyn Gerber, City Engineer: Sentenced to a fine of Le.30 Million Leones
5. Alimamy Turay, Municipal Trade Officer: Sentenced to a fine of Le.30 Million Leones
6. Aiah Brima, Development Planning Officer: Sentenced to a fine of Le.30 Million Leones
All convicted persons were asked to pay their fines within 30 days of the issuance of this sentence.
CATHEDRAL HOUSE, 3 GLOUCESTER STREET
© Copyright by Awareness Times
Newspaper in Freetown, Sierra Leone.